Saturday, April 02, 2011

Gotcha!

Yesterday's post was an April Fool.  I was surprised how many people were fooled by it.  To several students here at the Newman Center and a few bloggers who emailed or texted I said throughout the day, "Gotcha!"

The best was with Amy.  I had left a message on the Newman Center's voice mail in the morning, disguising my voice as someone from the Archdiocese.  The message confirmed that she and I would be going to American U.  She was running errands all day and didn't get the message until late afternoon.  By then, everyone knew about the blog post, and so they were in on fooling Amy.  They led her to listen to the voice mail to which she had a panicked reaction.  She came to see me immediately. 

She told me what the message said, and asked, "are we moving?"  By then, her face was beat red, and it was time to bring this to a close.  I said, "yes, but we have to keep in mind what today is."  "April first", she said, thinking that it gives us three months to get ready for the move.  "Yes, April first....April Fools!"

Here's the video of her reaction.

No comments: