Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Virtual Tour of the Sistine Chapel

A blogger wrote, “I've downloaded a Rosary app. Would it be wicked to use it during Adoration?”


As long as it doesn’t make noise, it would be fine during Adoration. I use the iBreviary app to pray the Liturgy of the Hours in Adoration every day.


A friend sent me a link to a virtual tour of the Sistine Chapel. It is way cool!  Click on today’s title to view the tour. Here is the description of it:


The Amazing Sistine Chapel

TO VIEW EVERY PART OF THE MICHAELANGELO'S MASTERPIECE JUST CLICK AND DRAG YOUR ARROW IN THE DIRECTION YOU WISH TO SEE.

MOVE THE CURSOR SLOWLY!!!

In the lower left corner, click on the plus to move closer, on the minus to move away.

This virtual tour of the Sistine Chapel is incredible. Apparently done by Villanova University at the request of the Vatican...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I've tried out the Rosary app.

For the most part, it was quiet, however when I finished the first decade, I was startled when my phone went "bzzt!" As I went through the remaining decades, with the accompanying "bzzt!" I started to worry about what the phone would do when I finished the rosary...would it burst into a rendition of Salve Regina??


Fortunately the phone did no such thing. I was relieved.