Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Philadelphia horror"

We have been very busy with all kinds of God’s amazing stuff the past few days, and I’m just starting to catch up on the news. I can’t (but also I can) believe what I’m hearing about an abortionist in Philadelphia. The subheading below sums up the evil situation: “Abortionist and 9 associates arrested on murder charges; Grand Jury alleges he killed viable babies with scissors, spread diseases among patients, gave woman fatal drug overdose.” An online article from “California Catholic Daily” tells the grewsome story. It’s a story that I ask GW Catholics to follow as it goes to trial. It could be very interesting to see what develops from this. A friend sent me the following experience that one of his friends had with this doctor of death:


"5 years ago he was doing abortions in both Philly and Wilmington Del. I had a very hard desicion to make, but decided to end my pregnancy. I went to him, not knowing about what he really did. I was improperly drugged, then they overdosed me. He lied about how old the fetus really was. I believe that my baby was born alive. The nurse in the room with us slapped me and told me to shut up. (no kidding) In his haste, he ripped a 3 inch gash in my uterus hitting a major artery. I bled to death in my boyfriend's car. Only a miracle saved me, the fact that it was so cold out, my body temp had dropped and I went into shock. Now, thanks to him, I can't have anymore children. The damage done to my uterus made it neccesary to have an emergency hysterectomy. I told you it was far worse than they said...... I could tell you all the details, but what I've told you is the basic"


Philadelphia horror

Abortionist and 9 associates arrested on murder charges; Grand Jury alleges he killed viable babies with scissors, spread diseases among patients, gave woman fatal drug overdose

From Operation Rescue and Grand Jury reports

Philadelphia, PA -- District Attorney R. Seth Williams released a 281 page Grand Jury Report yesterday (1/19/11) that was the basis for murder charges against abortionist Kermit Gosnell and nine of his associates. Included in that report were photos of some of Gosnell's victims.

We are posting copies of these images on our website so that the full truth of the horrific nature of these crimes can be understood.

In the report, the Grand Jury notes that several agencies and groups became aware of what has become known as Gosnell's "shop of horrors" but did nothing.

“This case is about a doctor who killed babies and endangered women,” said the Grand Jury’s report. “What we mean is that he regularly and illegally delivered live, viable, babies in the third trimester of pregnancy – and then murdered these newborns by severing their spinal cords with scissors. The medical practice by which he carried out this business was a filthy fraud in which he overdosed his patients with dangerous drugs, spread venereal disease among them with infected instruments, perforated their wombs and bowels – and, on at least two occasions, caused their deaths. Over the years, many people came to know that something was going on here. But no one put a stop to it.”

Just the day after the death of Karnamaya Mongar, Gosnell had applied for membership to the National Abortion Federations, whose meager guidelines Gosnell could not meet. Even though an NAF staff person spent several days in Gosnell's abortion mill noting numerous violations, they did not think to report him to the proper authorities.

The grand jury also had a stern rebuke for regulatory organizations who looked the other way, giving their stamp of approval on his criminal practices.

These people who saw the abuses yet stood idly by, or worse, encouraged the behavior that has now shocked the nation bear some responsibility for what happened in Philadelphia. In fact, they deserve criminal prosecution just as much as Gosnell and his cohorts because their silence not only enabled the crimes, but gave tacit consent to them.

Operation Rescue calls for massive reforms in the way abortionists and abortion clinics are handled by regulatory agencies nationwide. Kermit Gosnell's shop of horrors is certainly not the only abortion mill of this kind in operation in America.

"Operation Rescue calls for immediate emergency inspections of every abortion clinic in the nation. We have often said that if this were to ever happen, no abortion clinic would remain in operation because we have yet to discover one that adheres to all the laws that apply to them. There is no doubt that proper enforcement of the laws already in place would save the lives of women like Mrs. Mongar and babies such as the ones whose tragic images we have posted on our website," said Operation Rescue president Troy Newman.

"As the 38th memorial of Roe v. Wade approaches, it is time for Americans to consider the horrors of abortion and demand that government abolish this barbaric practice forever."

Warning! Photos are extremely graphic and disturbing. All photos are from the Grand Jury Report released by Philadelphia District Attorney R. Seth Williams. To view the photos and the article in full, click on today's title.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Oh my gosh, this is atrocious. How can anyone bear for these horrors to go on? And the pictures are absolutely terrifying.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to throw up.

Anonymous said...

That boyfriend must really have loved the young lady if he drove her to get her insides butchered.

Not a guy worth having.

Anonymous said...

“That boyfriend must really have loved the young lady if he drove her to get her insides butchered.

Not a guy worth having.”

Ouch. I too have a hard time understanding how a person could not value life, and my gut instinct hears your thought loud and clear. Yet, nagging in the back of my mind is the realization that Christ believes that every person is worth having, even Kermit Gosnell. Christ will never give up on us and that blows my mind, especially when I think of the evil that possesses a mind like Gosnell’s. All I can say is that I’ve got a lot of work to do to be able to love that much.