Tuesday, December 14, 2004

"Christ dwells in me"

Years ago, at the Cardinal's annual Christmas party for seminarians, the Cardinal greeted each man as he arrived and congratulated most men on their grades. He said to the two guys ahead of me, "Hello Tommy, great job this semester...Hi, Matt, all A's. Well done, my son". Then, I step forward. "Oh, hello, Greg".

I WISH ALL OF THE GW STUDENTS WELL ON YOUR EXAMS. I'M PRAYING FOR YOU UNTIL THE END OF FINALS, ESPECIALLY.
--------------------------
As I wrote in my comment to Derek last night, Jesus Christ wants to be so close to us that He is in us. In Holy Communion, the Son of God comes inside of us. We are one with Him at that sacred moment. "He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him" (Jn 6:56).

Anyone who has ever been away from God knows how incredible this union is. Sin separates us from God; the Eucharist (and all the sacraments) unites us with Him. Literally.
-----------------------------

"As I read the sad statistics... that only 30% believe what the Church teaches on the Real Presence of Christ, my mind went back to an earlier heresy - the Protestant
Revolt. It was not the so called 'selling of indulgences' that caused the painful break in our family. It was... [those] who no longer believed in the Real Presence...

When Catholics are asked, 'Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?' they should answer a resounding YES! There is no closer union with Jesus than when you receive Him in the Eucharist. You too can say with St. Paul, '...and the life I now live is not my own, CHRIST IS LIVING IN ME.' (Gal 2:20)"

Rev. Msgr. Richard L. Carroll, V.F.
-----------------------------

"Do you realize that Jesus is there in the tabernacle expressly for you- for you alone? He burns with the desire to come into your heart...

Receive Communion often, very often...there you will have the sole remedy, if you want to be cured."

St. Therese of Lisieux
----------------------------

Is there a time or experience when you felt closest to God?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

" Your daily encounter with CHRIST
takes place right where you work,
where your aspirations and your affections are.
there we must seek sanctify ,in the
midst of the most material things
of the earth, serving GOD and humankind.Heaven and earth seem to
merge , my daughters and sons ,on
the horizon.But where they really meet is in your heart, when you
strive for holiness in your everyday lives "

ST. JOSEMARIA ESCRIVA , from the
homily passionately LOVING THE WORLD , october 8, 1967.

www.escrivaworks.org
with ecclesiastical approval

the HOLY FATHER JOHN PAUL II canoni
zed SAINT JOSEMARIA ESCRIVA on
october 6 ,2002

his liturgical feast is celebrated
on june 26.