Friday, January 25, 2013

Great news on sad anniversary

On Tuesday, the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, we had a powerful night learning about healing after abortion with Fr Dan Leary and one of the ladies he has worked with, Tara.  Tara told her moving story of choosing life after having two abortions, and the healing she has received from Christ through Project Rachel and Fr. Dan. 

Towards the end of the night, I asked them what our students should say to their friends who want to have an abortion.  I was thinking of one student who has been in this situation for months; her friend has been considering aborting her child.  Our student has been a witness to life, more passively than actively.  As soon as I got out of the talk, I saw that the student had sent me the following email:

"hey so after a month of (her) just not talking to me, i just heard from her and she decided to keep the baby and give it up for adoption!"

God is doing awesome things through our students!!

No comments: