Friday, August 05, 2011

World Youth Day bound!

Months ago, a boy I know emailed me about a crisis in faith he was having:


“Dear Fr. Greg, I am sad to say that I have drifted away from the church and not gone to mass for several months. My faith in God has been lost. But I want to believe I just don't know how…I need God, I just don't know how to get him…Do you think that you could help me find God again…”

We corresponded for a little bit, but months passed without word from him. Just this week, though, he sent me the following message which sounds a lot like a modern day parable. The boy assured me that it really happened. Amazing stuff!

“A boy was praying at camp. He was not sure if God existed, so he asked God if you are real make the wind blow hard on my skin. If you are real let a girl notice me. If any of these happen I will believe in you with all my heart. That second the wind blew so hard the tent blew away. At the end of the day A girl came up to the boy and said I dont know your name but I sat near you on the bus. Want to sign my goodbye card. Later that day the girl Facebook friended the boy. The boy later thanked God for his gift and believed in him with all his heart.

That boy was me.”
--------------------------------------

Leaving tomorrow on our World Youth Day pilgrimage! We’ll be back just before classes start.

GW Catholics, we can’t wait to see you back on campus! Bloggers, I’ll try to post about the trip during the next three weeks and will pray for you while we’re at the holy sites. Pray for the twelve of us!

We’re getting pumped for this:


No comments: