Monday, April 16, 2007

Prayer in school?

DC ‘Hood was victorious yesterday at the Verizon Center!! We beat the CYO coaches by one point in a very close and competitive game. Many people said it was better than the Wizards game! Thanks be to God, I played well and was hitting my jump shots. One of our players, a seminarian, hit two free throws at the end of the game to win it for us. Then, in the “championship game”, we beat the CYO all-star 11th and 12th graders by several points.

All in all, a great time for everyone involved. Thanks to all who came out to support us, especially the large contingent of St. Andrew’s fans. Next DC ‘Hood games: 1) May 4, 7 pm, at Holy Redeemer, Kensington and 2) May 18, 7 pm, versus St John Neumann at Watkins Mill High School in Gaithersburg. Go ‘Hood!
------------------------------------------------------
An anonymous blogger posted the following about prayer in school. Safe to say that this hits the nail right on the head.


After being interviewed
By the school administration,
The eager teaching prospect
Said:
"Let me see
If I've got this right.
You want me to go into that room with all those kids,
And
Fill their every waking moment with a love for learning,
And
You want me to wage a war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases,
Check their backpacks for weapons of mass destruction, and
Raise their self esteem.
You want me to teach them patriotism, good citizenship, sportsmanship, fair play, how to register to vote,
How to balance a checkbook,
And
How to apply for a job.
make sure the students pass the state exams,
Even those who don't come to school regularly or
Complete any of their assignments.
Plus,
I am to make sure that all of the students with handicaps
Get an equal education
Regardless
Of the extent of their mental
Or physical handicap.
I am to communicate regularly with the parentsand am supposed to this with just
A piece of chalk,
A computer,
A few books,
A bulletin board,
A big smile
AND
On a starting salary
That qualifies my family
For food stamps!

You want me
To do all of this
And
Then you tell me...
I CAN'T PRAY?"

No comments: