Friday, March 23, 2007

"Do your duty"

All are invited for the following in SAA Church tonight:
Stations of the Cross – 7 pm
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament – 7:30 – 8:30 pm
-----------------------------------------------------------
The following are recent questions and comments from bloggers:

1) Markov: “A person who takes the Eucharist daily is he/she in a better state of grace than a person who takes the Eucharist weekly?” There is sanctifying grace in each sacrament, most especially in the Blessed Sacrament. The more a person receives the Eucharist, the more grace they have in their soul. Therefore, a daily communicant will be in more of a state of grace than the weekly communicant.


2) Anon: “Father -- Do you know whether there is any validity to reports of a woman in Frederick recently experiencing apparitions of Mary?” No, I haven’t heard anything about this.


3) Kelly H. on “Truth vs. Feelings” post: “Go Father Greg! Great teaching. Let's me expand on the feelings part:

I don't feel like exercising today.It is raining and cold, I don't feel like going to work/school today.Oh, the baby's crying, I don't feel like getting up again to feed the baby.Mass? I don't feel like going I am just too tired or whatever. Football? My only day off! What! Try to get three TEENAGERS out of bed befor noon on Sunday?

Confession? No way, I don't feel like dealing with that. I am not that bad.and so on and so on and so on.Feelings can be wonderful and they are part of us. However, sometimes we all need to what I call-----------FEELINGS BOOT CAMP- Marine Corp Fashion-------No matter what our mood or feelings for the moment, GET UP AND DO YOUR DUTY!

Whenever I don't feel like meeting my obligations, I think of my 19 year old nephew carrying a a 60 pound back pack and walking directly into combat/gunfire(in Iraq). Suddenly all of my obligations/commitments (both religious and personal) seem like a walk in the park.”

No comments: