Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Adult class starts tonight!

Adult class with Fr. Mike, tonight, 7 pm, Math room - junior high wing of the school. Fr. Mike has been announcing the past few weeks in the bulletin (the announcement is below) that he will start a class for adults who want to know more about the Catholic faith tonight, Jan. 3. It is in response to several parishioners' requests for such a class. Hope you can make it! Please spread the word!


Want to know more about the Catholic Faith? Have you ever said to yourself, "I should know that, but I don't". Then you are too anxious to ask some one for the answer or help. Well many times people say something like that about their Catholic faith. I will start an adult class for people who would like to learn more about their Catholic faith starting from the beginning. We will run it for ten weeks and see where it goes from there. I will have an outline of the topics but I encourage you to bring your questions. You will be able to either ask in class or write them down anonymously and get them to me. If I do not know the answer I will do research and find out. We will try to keep it simple.

Typical questions I have been asked: "What is the difference between Fast and Abstinence?" "If two non-Catholics marry and then get divorced, then one of the non-Catholics wants to marry a Catholic does the non-Catholic need to receive an annulment of their marriage?" "What are the Holy Days of Obligation?" "How many times can a person receive the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick for the same illness?" "It's OK for an engaged couple to have sexual relations before they get married, right?" "I heard something about the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy. What are they?"

Does this sound like something you would be interested in partaking? We will begin January 3rd at 7:00 PM. Call Fr. Mike at 301-649-3700 ext 311 to say you are interested or just show up.

No comments: